Here at Vintage Norwich we are all about independent shops and businesses so make sure that you take advantage of the wide array of wonderful shops that we have to offer.
It is so easy to take the easy option by hitting the high street and buying the generic smellies or standard gift set that all the shops offer this time of year but with so many unusual gifts from the individual businesses this fine city has to offer it’s not hard to find some more unique, personalised christmas gifts.
So we thought that we would give you a few ideas to help you on your way to giving some different this year and helping to support local shops at the same time:
- Vintage teacups and saucers are easily available from Looses Emporium or Aladdin’s Cave on Magdalen Street – but add a voucher for afternoon tea at Biddy’s Tea Room.
- Everyone loves a tipple at Christmas (or anytime of year for that matter!!) so find some vintage glass wear from Junk and Gems and give it along with a bottle of wine or spirit.
- Vintage tins are lovely to give to a gal who loves her victory rolls as they can store all her Kirby grips and pins.
- Foodies would love a wicker basket or vintage orange create from one of the antique shops filled with jams, biscuits and other delicious goodies to eat.
- Fashionistas would love to receive a vintage scarf to tie in their hair or a beautiful brooch to dress up an outfit – Prim Vintage, Lulu Vintage and Goldfinches all have a wide selection.
- For a crafty friend try to find a little vintage box and add in some needles, thread and fabric or buy them a voucher to do a class they would like to learn.
- How about a vintage frame with a lovely picture or print.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored.